Saturday, October 22, 2005

Purpose


I have been involved with a women's Bible study since September. We have been using a study guide, "Becoming a Woman of Purpose" by Cynthia Heald. Last week our study was on God's Purpose: To Accomplish His Plan for Good. I loved the quote by Phillip Yancy ... "Faith means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse." This helps me accept life from the perspective that ... no matter what I'm going through ... it all ultimately has meaning. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

Romans 8:28-29 NIV
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen

I love this study.