Thursday, December 08, 2005

25th Anniversary


While many are remembering the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death my heart and mind have been on the life changing event that took place that same day in our lives ... Timmy was 3 weeks old and was taken by ambulance to Emanuel Hospital for Aspirated Pneumonia. For those who walked through that with us, you will remember what a difficult day that was -- to see such a tiny baby hooked up to so many machines, wires and tubes. I think I earned all my gray hair that day.
Last Christmas I typed a journal about the week we spent in the hospital and gave it to Tim as a gift .... so he'll always be reminded of the miracle. It was very difficult to go through the process of journeying through it again on paper but it was also very healing. I was reminded of the prayer, support and love of our friends and family. The one word that flows through the entire story ... MIRACLE ... Dr. Olsen said there was no medical explanation for why he was able to go home after one week. He should have been in the hospital for at least a month. BUT we know why!
Each December 8th I am a little sad as I mentally walk through that day so many years ago but one thing it does give me ... a thankful heart for Tim's healing.

2 comments:

gearsdad said...

I wonder how many times doctors have had to scratch their heads and say, "there's no medical explanation." Not knowing what you experienced that December 8th twenty-five years ago, I can only imagine the heart-wrenching intensity of emotions. A little one so helpless and a parent(s) with the feeling of being unable to help. As you stated, "BUT we know why!" Our God is a mighty and powerful God. A God of miracles who delights in healing His people. Psalm 103:2, 3 reads, "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and FORGET NOT all his benefits--who forgives ALL your sins and heals ALL your diseases..." Thank you for the "lift-up" in sharing Tim's miracle!

Anonymous said...

That was a very dark time in our lives and the worst day was when Tim's doctors took us to a private area to let us know that Tim wasn't responding to treatment, but in a few days he had turned a corner and I was able to hold him and talk to him and the black cloud that had hung over us finally lifted. Yeah, Tim!! GS