Thursday, February 28, 2008

Decorating with Digi Layouts


This is post number 201 ... when I first started blogging I never imagined I would have that many things to write about.

Since I've been dabbling in digital scrapbooking / hybrid scrapbooking I decided to decorate my desk area at work with some of my layouts. I have found that framing my 12 x 12 layouts in record album frames works best. Many times Michael's has them on sale for $4 each. Since they are slightly larger than my layout, I've purchased black paper from the art section and used it as a background. I have them printed at Costco for $2.99 each and I can change them out frequently as projects are completed. They are good conversation starters and many have expressed interest in the hobby. It also helps to have "darling" subjects (grandchildren) to scrap about : )

Digital scrapbooking can be time consuming ... downloading, hard drive storage and organization ... but so far everything I've used has been free and less "equipment" and "accessories" are required to complete a page. I still love the craft of scrapbooking ... there are so many fun "toys" out there. The CK Scrapbooking Convention is now in town and this will be the first year I will be unable to go : ( I will miss seeing all the new products!
Last night I worked on organizing my downloads -- I have 8 GB of great elements, papers, templates, alphabets and word art ... just waiting to become layouts. One thing I will need to add to my layouts is credit to the designers ... especially if I post them. Check this article for a great organization tip in adding this to your digital layouts.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed having you with us today at the convention. Not as many "new" items it seemed like, but I still managed to spend plenty and now get to sort it all out. It would be fun to try the digital way, but I would need some help....

Loretta