Friday, June 19, 2009

Spring Beach Getaway

Following Calleigh's birthday party in May, we hit the road for a three-day beach getaway to Cannon Beach. I had some comp time to use before the end of the year, and with the unusually warm spring weather, it made for the perfect Oregon coast visit.
We actually got a little too much sun while walking on the beach and despite sitting under our sun shelter my ankles were exposed below my capris and I went home with permanent red "anklets" ... not a good fashion statement with marshmallow-colored legs : (
Matt drove down to join us for the day on Sunday ... only to find it a bit windy with a touch of fog on the beach. However, it was warm and beautiful in town. We had an opportunity to tour the Lockwood Beach house ... then enjoyed a nice pizza dinner together before Matt drove back to town.
For a few days previous to our trip I felt a sinus/respiratory thing starting up and by Monday I felt a little feverish and just wanted to lay on the couch and read. We left early Tuesday morning and exited the freeway near the Urgent Care clinic. I was sent home with antibiotics/sudafed/cough syrup and took the rest of the day off work. I never did improve and was actually diagnosed with pneumonia two weeks later.
Cannon Beach is one of my favorite vacation destinations ... it's quaint, quiet and a place for restoration.
Credits:
Font: Bulkyrefuse type, chromosomeLight, american typewriter
Template: JZ Designs -Template 12
Paper: Shelly Bauzon -P3 Beach Bum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love the coast.
Mom

Shelly said...

lovely layout!!!