Thursday, August 25, 2011

Go Big or Go Home

Since we have watched so many theater movies this month, I've noticed how some people in the audience are making themselves right at home.
We now have our favorite seats (thanks to Michelle's suggestion) located on the row just in front of the rail. It makes it easier to get in and out and no one is sitting in front of you.
Tuesday night after the theater darkened and the movie was beginning a guy came in with a large popcorn and giant beverage in hand. He spied one of the only seats available in the crowded auditorium ... next to me. He had to climb OVER the rail to get to his seat ... keep in mind, he wasn't a small guy! I believe he was going to ask me to hold his refreshments while he got settled but decided to set them on the floor in front of him. As the movie was playing, he started talking to me, asking me questions, explaining the movie (yikes!) all while making his popcorn more gourmet with seasoning he brought in with him ... "Would you like to try some on your popcorn?" I pretended to sprinkle some in my bag. So I'm thinking he's settled and ready to watch the movie. Oh, no .... he then removed his shoes and placed his stocking feet ... not on the bottom bar of the rail but the top bar ... asking me, "Do my feet block your view????" O.K. ... so at that point I felt like I was part of a Saturday Night Live skit or something. Where's the hidden camera!!!
The theater has a slogan, "Go big or go home." I think this guy already thought he as there ... making himself right at home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to wonder why he was at the theater by himself. I can't imagine any woman in her right mind who would be seen in public with him. I hope his feet didn't stink.
Mom

Melney said...

this just cracked me up - I can just image the look on your face!! :) You were probably thinking he was going to get you in trouble with fellow movie goers!! Maybe he should start attending the new theaters with couches!!!hahahaha