Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Electric Blanket

I can't believe it....it's nearly mid-May and I am still using my electric blanket. As I type away on my laptop surrounded by the warmth of the blanket, I can hear large raindrops spilling over the gutters and onto our deck. It feels more like February than May....and I'm ready for some "blue sky" days. I know we need the rain but I would love a few days of wearing flip-flops and capris!
For my devotion today I read Psalm 142 and it reminded me of our SS class discussion Sunday. It pointed out to me the steps of going through some difficult times -- feeling ready to give up; alone (self-pity) -- then going to our source of help (God) where we can bring all our complaints/hurts -- then sharing praise in the assembly of His people. Mentoring has been something I have been studying off and on since the beginning of the year through a book I have been reading. It is defined as "a deliberate transfer of wisdom from one person to another." I know that whenever I go through a difficult time in my life I am always encouraged by someone who has walked a similar path before me and can share encouragement through their life experience with me. I am so thankful for those who have walked through some of the bigger issues in my life during the past few years. I feel very blessed and need to be reminded to share that with others who may need encouragement or hope too.
I was able to go to the Scrapbooking night at church last night. It was fun to work on a few of my pages and chat with the other ladies. Always fun to hear others' stories and see their journey through the pages they are creating. I only completed 2 pages and I'm still on Wallowa 2003 but I am moving forward and enjoying the hobby instead of feeling it is a burden. I love the creative outlet this gives me plus recording family memories at the same time. My "Creative Keepsakes" magazine came in the mail today so I think I'll spend some time getting inspired for future pages......
I have been trying to follow a gluten-free/casein-free diet now for over 6 weeks. It has been hard to give up bread products -- the gluten-free breads I have tried have been very disappointing. I eat a lot of rice cakes as a substitute. I did "cheat" on Mother's Day and had French Toast......it was wonderful!!!!! Now I am craving pizza -- people bring it for lunch at work and it smells so good. Wonder if any restaurants have tried to serve a gluten-free pizza? You name the place and I'm there!

No comments: