Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"Jewels" on the Journey


In the last week I feel like I’ve been living in a Carnival … one minute on the Scrambler getting bumped around, the next on a Roller Coaster with many twists and turns, and at other times like I’m on a Ferris Wheel with all ups and downs. I know – not many details – but trust me … the “Fun House” hasn’t been part of the midway attractions!
While the week has been stressful and draining I felt so uplifted by my Tuesday Bible Study group. I am so thankful for this group. I’ve learned so much from them as they each share their “walk” -- gives me the encouragement to get through my week. Yesterday they gave me a beautiful spoon wrapped with colorful “jewels” … if you read the “Spoon Theory” you’ll understand the meaning behind this. Of all the days – I really needed that yesterday. I am so thankful for how they have taken the time to read the story and understand the symbolism behind the spoons with my lifestyle and health. I have it on display in my home as a reminder to consider how I will “spend my spoons” each day. It is also a reminder of those who will hold me accountable, give support, love, and prayer. They are truly “jewels” in my life! Thank you ladies for lifting me up! My burden felt much lighter today.

3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure. 4 And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. 5 And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:3-5 NLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, you are an inspiration to me. Thank you for letting me share in your life.

Anonymous said...

Our Father has brought us together at this time for a reason......and we are thankful for that. Thank you for sharing your life with us, and allowing us to be used by God in your life. Please know that God is also using you in our lives...that's what 'sisters of the spirit' are for.

JP