Thursday, July 20, 2006

Summer Projects




Our old oak tree had to come down in May leaving a large void in our backyard. I spotted a garden bridge at Al's Garden Center and "Byron The Builder" went to work on creating one for our yard. I told him he may get requests/orders from this advertisement!
We got inspiration for landscape plants from our trip to the Cannon Beach Inn.
They had Crocosmia "Lucifer", yellow Yarrow, purple Sage, Lavender, white Hydranga and varigated Hebe growing all over the property. The Crocosmia was new to me but now I see if everywhere! The varigated Hebe is going to be a tough one to find. I know I can get it by mail order but I would like to find one locally if I could.
In addition, we got the shed up and a start on the fence. Next will be exterior paint and a new deck. If you try to get in touch with us, we'll probably be in the backyard! Our summer projects have been a lot of work but the end result is so pleasing : )

No comments: