Friday, October 06, 2006

Great Sites

Last weekend I stumbled across two sites that were new to me. I love organization and I’ve been impressed with these awesome tools.
First I found del.icio.us while saving a picture in Flickr! So what is del.icio.us?
del.icio.us is a social bookmarking website -- the primary use is to store your bookmarks online, which allows you to access the same bookmarks from any computer and add bookmarks from anywhere. On del.icio.us, you can use tags to organize and remember your bookmarks, which is a much more flexible system than folders.
It allows you to keep links to your favorite articles, blogs, music, recipes etc, share favorites with friends, family and the del.icio.us community, and discover new things by checking out someone else’s favorites … saving you time!
Think of the possibilities … research, vacation planning, cookbook, hobbies/interests. Check it out at: http://del.icio.us/

Through del.icio.us I found Library Thing. I love books and this is a powerful tool for cataloging your library, finding recommended reading by other Library Thing users, and discover groups sharing your reading interests.
Have you ever checked a book out of the library and after reading a few pages you realize that you have already read it? After this happened a few times I started keeping a spreadsheet of every book I’ve read including a brief description. Library Thing will be a great tool for keeping track of books I’ve read and sharing my interest with others.
With a little technology help from Tim I would like to add a widget on my blog linking to my profile/catalog.

So far statistics show 87,631 Library Thing members and 6,178,121 books cataloged! If you love reading take a tour of this site at: http://www.librarything.com/

No comments: