Friday, January 09, 2009

Goodwilling

Every so often I like to stop by and check out Goodwill. I have discovered some amazing finds there. My inspiration is: http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/
"Sharing simple, inexpensive ways to decorate your home." She loves going to Goodwill, bringing things home, painting and altering ... giving a new look to the rooms in her home. I've taken notes and others in our area must be reading her blog too -- and buying things up before I get there.
Today my biggest find was buying this rubber boot planter. I picked it up and looked it over and moved on to other areas. Before checking out I went back and whew ... it was still there on the shelf. I got in line to pay and the gal behind me said that she had wanted the boots too but put them back. She couldn't think of what she would do with them. When I told her I was going to put them out in my flower beds filled with plants ... she looked very sad that she had put them down.
Come spring these will look great in the landscape ... I love whimsical things in the garden! And as I've mentioned before ... I love a bargain : )

No comments: