Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Jello and Seeing Stars

You may find that title a little strange ... but I know my Bible study ladies will get it right away. We are studying Linda Dillow's book, Calm My Anxious Heart. It is a study on finding contentment. On page 25 a story features a young bride married to a Marine and living in a foreign country. She wrote a letter home to mom listing her complaints and unhappiness. Her mother faxed a two-line reply:
Two women looked through prison bars
One saw mud, the other saw stars.

So, how does this figure in with Jello ....
Monday morning I woke up feeling terrible. I wondered if it was due to a busy weekend or did I eat something with the ingredient: peanut butter? By late afternoon I knew I was heading into the Perfect Storm ... the flu : ( I decided early on to fore go food and stick with only a water diet. After 24-hours I was starting to feel hunger pangs. Walt brought home several snack-pack Jello cups ... and I lifted my eyes to see stars. It has been a while since I've enjoyed Jello that much. I gave thanks with each spoonful.
I'm still feeling a little on edge health-wise but I'm thankful to be in a warm house, seeing beautiful blue sky through the windows, having a hot shower, a husband who takes care of me, sick-leave from work ... and yes ... even Jello!
It has been a rough couple of days but I now feel I'm heading toward the side of restored health.
Stay Well!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job seeing the stars. And glad to know you're getting better. Missed you at group.

LH

Anonymous said...

You got to love jello pudding - i am glad Walt didn't try to feed you orange jello gelatin!!LOL Hope you feel better. MM

Anonymous said...

I love how you always see the stars! You are an inspiration!! You were missed on Tuesday.

LB