Monday, February 02, 2009

Newness in the Air

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to uproot
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to tear down and a time to build
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
a time to embrace and a time to refrain
a time to search and a time to give up
a time to keep and a time to throw away
a time to tear and a time to mend
a time to be silent and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecc 3:7

Yes ... during January my blog was a bit "silent." Readers have pointed out that I haven't posted in a while ... but now it's time to exhale, take a deep breath ... breathe ... move forward.
I love flipping the calendar to a new month ... especially February. Even though it is still winter you can see signs of spring ... new growth, sweet fragrances, bulbs reaching up through the dirt, daylight is a bit longer, occasionally you have the opportunity wear sunglasses and feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. It is a time for new beginnings ... new hope.
And the first square of the calendar did not disappoint ...
  • Sunday morning we were uplifted with a great service at church. Listen to "Let Down Your Nets." If you are feeling discouraged, you will find new strength in Dick's message on Luke 5:1-9.
  • Had lunch with the kids/grandkids. They make even Wendy's a feast.
  • Watched the Superbowl with the Gears. I'm not much in to football but I have to admit that was a great game to watch. Since I'm not familiar with the teams I usually pick the "underdog" so I was cheering on the Cardinals. What a great comeback! The Steelers answered back well to take the win. What a fun day with dear friends!
Even though Punxsutawney Pete and Wally's Weather Moment are predicting an extended winter, I feel a breeze of "newness" in the air : )

1 comment:

Holly and Cory said...

Karen I will say that my favorite superbowl was at your house (you must of had the high schoolers over) and I just played card games with you and a couple other ladies. But the fun times talking and eating with you guys made it my favorite.