Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hhhhmmm ... Where Have I Been??????

I have one steadfast rule when it comes to blogging ... posting about my job is off limits ... so I've been off the radar for a while.
As many of you know, the Media Assts. were RIF'd again in the district where I was employed and it did not look like they had an action plan to save our positions. So, for the first time in 40 years, I made a claim with unemployment over the summer. I wish that I could tell you that I enjoyed those weeks of filing claims, updating my resume, visits to the WorkSource office, taking tests, filling out applications and going for interviews ... but, sadly I did not adapt well. I never have been fond of roller coasters and this summer felt like the twists-and-turns, the upside-down-thrill-to-the-bone ride of my life.
Just when I had given up hope ... the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend I had an interview for a part-time position at a middle school and started work the following Monday. Even though I am in a different building and surrounded by students taller than myself : ) ... it is good to be back "home." I have worked in schools for over 20 years now and I just couldn't imagine employment in any other field.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to work another year ... and even with a part-time position ... to retain my rating/wage/insurance and PERS. Thank you to all who have been praying for me ... it's nice to get off the roller coaster for now!
Enough said : )

No comments: