Thursday, February 24, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

Remember the popularity of the water parks in the 80's? One sizzling hot day we drove our boys up to Federal Way to cool off at the water park. It was our first experience and we wanted to try everything. The guys talked me in to joining them on the Python Bonzai Giant Waterslide. Having issues with anything claustrophobic I timidly agreed. There were opportunities along the way to turn back ... but I wanted to share the experience with my family. At racing speeds I was hurled through tubes ... up, down, spiraled around and around. It was so disorienting and feelings of vertigo were surfacing in my brain. I was relieved when I finally hit the pool at the end of the ride. HOWEVER ... I could not determine if I was swimming up or down. I couldn't get my bearings and I was a bit panicked. Much to my surprise I heard a lifeguard saying, "Stand Up!" I was in four feet of water. A little EMBARRASSING! Oh, well ... one of those family memories that surfaces every so often around the dinner table. Every time I think about it I laugh ... and "laughter doeth good like medicine."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog