Saturday, February 12, 2011

Windows and Doors of Italy


Windows and Doors of Italy ... they are real eye-catchers. There are so many different sizes, shapes, colors, flowers and greenery, shutters, etc. We wanted to capture the beauty in film and found ourselves clicking away, filling our camera's memory card with photos we could treasure when we returned home.
Even though this photo was bright and very colorful I wanted a little subdued version to hang in our bedroom "photo gallery." While exploring Effects in Photoshop Elements I found the following combination very pleasing: Colorful Center, turning down the brightness and selecting Greenery in the Hue and Saturation setting. Walt likes the "before" photo better but this is much more interesting side by side with the Venice photo in the next post.
I wish I had more time to work on photos, put an album together and blog about our trip but that will have to wait for spring break ... working full-time pretty much wipes out my creative energy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both pictures will make a nice addition to your bedroom--the colors couldn't be better and I can't wait to see them.
Mom