Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Photoshop Elements

Instead of sticking to my summer "to-do" list I've been playing around with Photoshop Elements and I'm starting to get the hang of the program. In the past month I have been getting familiar with digital scrapbooking sites and have subscribed to quite a few of them. I am finding them very helpful with tutorials, free templates and layout ideas.
The layout of Colin was a tutorial online and the template was provided with step-by-step instructions. Of course, I had a great subject to work with -- Colin! I changed the picture to sepia because his shirt was royal blue and a little too bright for the background paper. It looked much better with that change.
I found the template I used for "Princess Calleigh" at a site for Let's Scrap International. It was a bit more advanced with the 6 picture frames and I couldn't have done it without Walt's help. I changed the background and added all the other pieces from freebies I've found on the internet. it does help to have great photos (thanks, Michelle) and a darling subject -- Calleigh!
I'm enjoying my summer -- being "stretched" with new technology and techniques! Very F U N !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, These are great layouts.
Maybe you could give lessons on what you're learning. Looks like it would be fun to try. I went to a workshop on Photoshop Elements, but it is more advanced than the program I use. I needed more time to process what I was learning. Too much to remember and then go home and try to do it.
Loretta