Wednesday, August 05, 2009

SparkPeople.com

While vacationing at Wallowa Sharon told us of a online site, SparkPeople.com that helps you manage a healthy lifestyle. It tracks your food, exercise, water consumption, weight, etc. Each day I receive emails with great tips, recipes and encouragement to help keep me motivated. I have loved using this tool and have been very successful. Many times I will change my mind about a food I am reaching for when I realize I would have to record it on my Nutrition Tracker. On days when I feel lazy and need a nudge to go for a walk or workout with Wii Fit I am reminded that I can add this to my Fitness Tracker for the day. Give this site a try and see what you think! Let me know how it works for you.
Today I enjoyed the best lunch idea using a recipe they emailed to me:
Greek Hummus Wrap
INGREDIENTS
1 Best Life Flatout Bread Multi-Grain w/Flax
1/4 cup Athenos Reduced Fat Feta Cheese w Basil/Tomato
1/4 cup onions, raw, sliced
1/4 cup red peppers, raw, sliced
1.4 cup diced cucumbers
2 leaves of romaine lettuce
4 T Atheno's Roasted Garlic Hummus
DIRECTIONS
Makes 1 Greek hummus wrap
Spread 4 T of hummus on the bread. Sprinkle a 1/4 cup of feta on top of the hummus. Add all of the veggies. Roll the bread in a burrito style and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Nutritional Info
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 295.2
Total Fat: 14.2g
Total Carbs: 31.5g
Dietary Fiber: 11.7mg
Protein: 21.1g

No comments: