Friday, January 01, 2010

iPhone app

One of my favorite apps downloaded for our iPhones is the YouVersion Bible. Since my phone usually goes everywhere I go I always have my daily Bible reading at hand. With this app I can pick the version I want to read so I've chosen to do my one year reading plan using The Message -- there are 41 different translations to pick from. I selected Project 345 from several reading plans available. This is a simple way to read the entire New Testament in one year. It involves reading one chapter a day for five days a week and the weekends for catch up if needed. The plan was named for the average of the three minutes and forty five seconds that it takes to read one New Testament chapter.
Each day after the reading it checks off the chapter and keeps track of my progress. What a great use of technology : )
Have you set any goals for the new year?

No comments: