Tuesday, April 11, 2006

20/20


While opening another attic box I found my glasses from 1961. If you are 50 or older, you probably are familiar with this frame design … even includes sparkles! It’s funny how having glasses such as these seemed so cool to an eight year old … and now when glasses are required for daily living … I’d give anything to have 20/20 vision again.
How I miss my “freedom-from-frames” life … they steam up when you open the oven door … with our Oregon weather they are frequently covered with raindrops. But I am very thankful for my “magnified” life, as I wouldn’t even be able to read this print without them. If you ask me if I wear glasses full-time, I would say they are only for reading. But the truth is …. I'm starting to have them "on" more than "off" nowadays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I had forgotten....my glasses were blue with silver sparkles and I got them in the 3rd grade :)

JP

Anonymous said...

We got those glasses for you at Carkner's in the old office on Sandy Blvd. The father of the present day Carkner opticians did the fitting. I had a frame like yours but in black. We didn't need correction at that time, but you got attention at school and I got laughed at on the job. I did look funny!!! Love, Mom