Saturday, April 01, 2006

Scrapbooking Convention


Several weeks ago I had an opportunity to go to the Scrapbooking Convention at the Oregon Convention Center with several friends who share my passion for this hobby. I love the creative outlet and sharing our family journey through photos and journaling.
We spent over four hours checking out each booth/display, milling through the crowds, waiting in lines. It was worth it all to see the newest “toys” and technology in the industry. I came home with several new tools, laser diecuts and papers but my favorite stop was at a booth where you could get an assortment of brads and eyelets for $7 a cup. What a great bargain … nice to have a great selection at my fingertips thus saving a last minute trip to shop for much needed embellishments in order to complete a page.
This day gave me great inspiration and I have recently completed several pages. I am now up to Easter 2004 and quickly approaching the “Colin Years.” I think I need a sabbatical from work to complete all of those layouts : )

No comments: