Monday, March 27, 2006

"Weather" or Not


Aaaaahhhhhh .... Spring Break ... I love this time off. I'm sitting in the kitchen with the aroma of S'more Brownies baking in the oven (for baby Dylan's family) and a cup of coffee ...
My first day started off with blue skies and warm temperatures. As I began my 3-mile walking loop I loved all the sights and sounds of spring ... sunshine filtering through a thick grove of trees ... and warming my back ... a warm breeze blowing through my hair ... the sound of birds chirping .... the sound of new construction ... lawn mowers buzzing ... the fragrant flowers filling the air ... seeing new growth, new life in the earth. As I kept pace on my walk, Chris Tomlin's song, "How Great Is Our God," kept going through my mind ...

"How great is our God, sing with me ... How great is our God, and all will see ... How great, how great is our God."

Sometimes on the dreary, "winter" times in our lives we feel weary, defeated, alone. But "weather or not" there are gray or sunny skies ... one thing remains ... God is always there. Habakkuk 3:17-19 says: "Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. 19The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains." NLT
Name above all names ... Worthy of all praise ... My heart will sing ... How great is our God ...
Well, outside my kitchen window I see a few clouds rolling in. I need to get out and enjoy the fresh air and do some weeding : )

No comments: