Monday, December 22, 2008

Photo-a-Day December 23

"Hark the Herald Angels Sing ... Glory to the newborn king!"
Time to move on to something other than snowfall ...
This year I have worked at simplifying Christmas decor. I wanted to display things that do not overload the senses, have meaning, and can be handled by the grandkids. For me, clutter is not peaceful. I found a spot in our living room to set up a few of the angels I have in my collection. They've come from many different sources ... gift exchanges, a candle from Woodstock, NY when I visited in 1985, and my newest addition -- a find at Goodwill for $1.99. I discovered, quite by accident, that she plays "Silent Night" while I was in the checkout line. I thought it would be a great "hands-on"addition for the grandkids to play with plus I LOVE a bargain : )
As we draw near to Christmas, it is good to ponder the lyrics -- "Peace on earth and mercy mild -- God and sinners reconciled." -- and remember the reason for the season.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you - "clutter is not peaceful". We rock us Marthas!!! MM