Sunday, December 28, 2008

Photo-a-Day December 28

I was going through my photo drawer yesterday and found this picture. I believe it was taken in the late 50's ... now I am dating myself! We are posed in the living room at my grandparent's house during a Christmas family gathering.
Notice the icicles hanging from the tree. Many trees were decorated like this in that era. You had to put each strand of "rain" on the branches. It took hours and patience to decorate the tree in this fashion. The older I got the more I wanted to just throw it on the tree and be done with it. Do they even sell this stuff these days? I'm glad that fad is long in the past! Although, the tree does look very pretty in this picture. This must have been prior to the aluminum tree and color wheel I mentioned in an earlier post.
What a "blast from the past" ...

No comments: