Saturday, September 12, 2009

Seasonal Change

Even though the calendar shows us inching toward fall, the temperatures contradict the seasonal change. The expected high temp for today is 88 degrees. What a change from last Saturday's downpour and cooler temperatures.
Since I am back to work ... school ... my mind is focusing on fall. Today I have a roast in the crockpot and as I'm dusting the house I am putting out the autumn decor.
As I opened the storage box the scent of clove and cinnamon assailed my senses. Since the color scheme aligns with my furnishings, fall is one of my favorite seasons to "accessorize" our home ... even more so than Christmas.
Even though I have enjoyed the warm sunny days of summer and all those things that touch our senses ... I am kind of ready for the seasonal change. Less yard work, more relaxing evenings, soups and stews bubbling on the stove, bundling up in front of the fireplace, etc. ... life seems to move at a slower pace in fall.
The pumpkin patch, family cookie day, our Sunriver getaway ... many great fall family memories to look forward to. I hope you are enjoying the last sunny days of summer!

No comments: