Thursday, August 03, 2006

Uwajimaya Beaverton


I finally got over to the Beaverton area to shop at the Uwajimaya market today. I've been wanting to stop by there for about a year and a half but I just never seem to get over in that part of town. Now that Kohl's is nearby I have more of an incentive to make the trip.
I've been wanting to try recipes from the Weight Watchers "Take Out Tonight!" cookbook but needed to stock up on ingredients before trying new dishes. The Babers invited us over for dinner last summer and we got to try the Hot and Sour Soup (from the cookbook) and Spring Rolls. It was wonderful!
Seems like this summer I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and trying new recipes. It has been enjoyable and the freezer is getting stocked.
Life is good ... on the way home I stopped at Trader Joe's and bought 8 boxes of Caribbean Fruit Floes. Last time I shopped there they were out. I was down to my last box. This should get me through the rest of the summer. Aaaahhhhhhh.....

No comments: