Monday, May 07, 2007

A Season of Reunions ... UNILIT

I came home from work today to find a voicemail about a UNILIT reunion in June. WOW ... it has been 30 years since working there and haven't seen most of my fellow workers since leaving a month before Brian was born.
UNILIT, United Literature, was a Christian book supplier between bookstores and publishers and had five branches across the US. I worked in Inventory Control for 3 years. During that time it sold to Tyndale House Publishers and years later sold to Spring Arbor. I've always wondered what my fellow coworkers ended up doing in the years following.
The odd thing ... for some reason today a memory from UNILIT was brought to mind ... my bosses first daughter was born on May 7th while I worked there ... I was wondering about their family after all these years ... and then I check my voicemail to find info about the reunion! Wow!
I've always thought it would be fun to have a reunion with these former coworkers. It will be fun to see who shows up ... I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: