Friday, June 17, 2011

Simply Delightful

Even though I greeted my first day of summer break bright and early, I felt energized to make the most of this glorious day. Awesome to have a summer-like day ... love the blue sky and warm breezes. It would be nice to have several days in a row like this!
I decided to celebrate by doing something I normally can't do while working the school year ... garage-saling! I looked on Craigslist and narrowed my search down to just our area. With the price of gas so high you just can't drive all over town looking for a great deal. Fortunately, there were quite a few right near my neighborhood.
I stopped first in an upscale neighborhood and wondered if the items would be a little over-priced but to my surprise ... they had the best bargains of the day. Everything in this picture priced out at exactly twelve dollars ... what great "entertainment" for a reasonable price. I think the best deal of the day was the sweater on the right ... Banana Republic in like-new condition = $1.00! I even picked up a few Christmas ornaments in an estate sale free box. These make nice additions to my Christmas packages!
The second thing on my list was getting a pedicure and manicure. There is nothing as wonderful as being pampered. It seems like the last few weeks of school my schedule gets crazy and I just don't attend to things for myself. Today I tried my first shellac manicure. I read about it on Pioneer Woman's blog and she had positive reviews about it so I thought I would give it a try. The polish instantly dries without chips or smudges and is supposed to stay on for two weeks. I now feel ready for summer.
Here's to a lovely summer break ... I think I'll celebrate with a little nap : )
Hope you are enjoying relaxing moments this summer!

No comments: